My family photo and video archive is organized with Picasa. So, time to migrate came. The problem is - I cannot find good alternative.
The features I do use are:
- Show photos (cr2, nef, jpg) and videos (mov, mp4). Ok, recently I converted all movs to mp4, so mov is not that important
- Mark photos and videos with a "star"
- Show only starred items, only photos only videos.
- Export selected items, with re-sizing for photos.
- Virtual albums is a plus
Actually, that's it. No, one more - long term support - I mean the application should be popular enough to be reliable.
Very short list of very usual requirements.
The only candidates are found are:
- Adobe Lightroom - overkill for my tasks (as result interface looks too complicated)
- XnView MP - looks promising, but there are 2 issues:
- I did not find how to import metadata (starts) from Picasa to XnView MP
- Not sure that it matches "long term reliability" requirement
So, research process is still ongoing.